Saturday, September 11, 2004

2nd day of classes. 11:30am-2:30pm. Physics...English...Biology. Physics was introduced to us by an East Indian prof who was difficult to understand because of the thick accent. Luckily he was only filling in for the day and our regular prof will be there next week. Looks like I have a good prof for english, but I'm still not looking forward to it. Writing essays is not my kind of thing. Unfortunately that is what this course is all about. Too bad you are required to have an english course within the first 2 years. Biology should be interesting in a way. The entire lecture part of the course is taught from a video. We'll only be dealing with a professor in the lab part of the course. Weird. There are apparently 15 different classes of first year biology, so there aren't enough teachers to go around.

The 2 days of introductions are over now and the true work begins monday. After going through the outlines of each course I'm really starting to understand how difficult this may be. There is a lot of material to cover. But there are tons of people in the same boat I am (kind of). I'm guessing english will be one of the difficult courses, because of the essays. Chemistry may also be tougher than the others, just because they are expecting you to have retained a lot from high school. Sorry, but I've blocked out most of my chemistry in the last 12 years. We'll see. I'll just have to have some discipline. All the instructors have said...'If you keep up with the readings you should be all right'. I expect I'll read more in the next 8 months than I've ever read in my life!

I think the part time job thing is probably out the window...at least for now.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home