Wednesday, May 04, 2005

Appendicitis!!!

Hi! Sunday morning I woke up with what I thought was an upset stomach. Waited for it to go away then finally layed down in the afternoon, but couldn't sleep because it was bugging me so much. So, I started feeling my stomach and noticed that my right side was very tender and my left side was okay. Uh-oh. Called the healthlink line and they told me to go to emergency. About 2 hours later I was in surgery having my appendix removed. And you thought I'd run out of stuff to talk about once the school year was out!

So, I was in the hospital for two nights and am still pretty sore although getting around a little better now. I may have to postpone going to Calgary for a day or two though. I talk to the doctor again friday and I'll see how I feel. I'm supposed to leave saturday morning.

The Portage Terriers finished their series with the Yorkton Terriers on saturday. Portage won 4 games to 2 and now go to the national championship in Weyburn starting on saturday. I was lucky enough to get to game 6 on saturday in town here. Tickets were supposed to go on sale to the general public at noon on friday, but the brainless Terrier executive allowed the season ticket holders to buy as many tickets as they wanted, leaving the rest of us screwed (unless you knew a season ticket holder). Needless to say, there were many angry people. I understand allowing the season ticket holders to purchase their tickets first and maybe even a couple more, but ALL of them!? Crazy. Anyway, after calling my one possible connection, who also had to have a connection as he was not a season ticket holder, I got a ticket.

James Toney won his fight becoming just the third former middleweight champion to become heavyweight champion.

Shawna and Max are doing good. Poor Shawna has had an early preview of having to look after Max by herself for the last few days as I have been incapacitated. But, she's a trooper and handling it great, of course.

Final grades have been released by the university and they are pretty much what I had anticipated earlier. Final grade point average was 3.2

What could possibly happen next week? Stay tuned.

2 Comments:

Blogger pat said...

Hey! My name's Pat and I found you when I Technorati'ed "Dental Aptitude Test". So I guess you're redoing yours in November? Yeah, I'm doing it then for the first time. I was just wondering, can you provide any tips to a first-timer? I still haven't got the prep materials that I'm going to order, but I'm looking to start studying and I don't even know whether it's multi-choice or short answers or essays or what! Anyway, if you could help me out, that's be great. Thanks!

2:58 PM  
Blogger AvenueDave said...

When you get your prep materials they will include what to expect on the test. Everything is multiple choice. You can study for the biology and chemistry sections. The other sections though (perceptual, carving, reading comprehension) you can only practice a bit and get a feel for what to expect. Hope that helps.

10:15 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home