Sunday, March 27, 2005

Happy Easter!!

Shawna had friday off and gets monday off, too!! I'm so jealous! So what did we do with our super long weekend? Nothing too crazy. I had a ton of homework to do. Finished my last english essay (on Gulliver's Travels and Through the Looking Glass), finished a chemistry assignment, and finished a physics lab report. I managed to get all that done by saturday night, because we wanted to go see a movie. We went to see 'Guess Who'. It was a pretty standard movie. Had some laughs, ended predictably. We were just happy to get out and eat some movie popcorn. Shawna actually wanted to see 'Robots', but I wasn't interested. I wanted to see 'Million Dollar Baby', but Shawna hates Hilary Swank, so we had to compromise. Our niece Maria babysat for us for the first time and was entertained by Max's screaming for the first hour! He was really tired when we left and not too happy to see us going without him. Oh well, she braved it pretty well.

Today, sunday, we took Max for a walk. It was a beautiful day. Hopefully the weather stays this way. Apparently there was a huge snowstorm here last year in mid-May! Not really interested in that...not that I'll be here. When we got back I finished reading my last english novel, Coming Through Slaughter by Michael Ondattje. It's kind of a book version of a Quentin Tarantino movie. Nothing is in order, so it can be hard to follow. Probably wouldn't hurt to read it again. After that, we headed over to the grandparents place where the Unrau family was having Easter dinner. It was really good.

Now we are home relaxing and I'm waiting for my new second favourite tv show to come on...The Contender. It's a gooder!

So, what else to say? Here, in no particular order, are the 5 greatest FEMALE (since they didn't make my top 5 last week) bands/singers in the world...you may commence heckling me immediately following the list...

1. Madonna
2. Janet Jackson
3. Gwen Stefani (No Doubt)
4. Shirley Manson (Garbage)
5. Edie Brickell

Hope you all had a great long weekend!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home