Sunday, March 06, 2005

Hey!

Exams sucked, kind of. They were stressful, but only because I leave everything to the last minute and freak myself out. Biology...studied for this one more than all the others and more than I'd studied for my other biology exams, so I was pretty confident going in and felt good writing the exam. Never trust your feelings. 25/40 for 63% on that one. I was thinking it would be mid 70s range. So, I'll need an 80% (96/120) to score a B for the course. That will be tough, but I'm gonna give it a shot. Chemistry...took an exam prep seminar a few weeks before the exam, studied hard for about 2 days prior to the exam and once again felt good going in. 15/25 for 60% on the multiple choice portion (which is worth 50% of the total mark). Pretty disappointed in this one, too. But, I'm hoping the long answer portion of the exam will bring my mark up. We haven't gotten that part back yet. Results when I get em. Physics!...wow, I was really freaked about this one! My prof is almost impossible to understand (he's east indian with a speech impediment...i'm not kidding). Had a physics exam prep seminar the saturday before the exam, studied hard the day of the exam and benefitted from some gimme questions to get 15/20 for 75%. Pretty happy with that considering everything. Due to my prof's unintelligibleness I'm gonna take some extra physics classes on monday nights from now on. But have I learned that I need to start studying earlier and maybe do some of the problems they suggest? Time will tell...time will tell. You'd think I'd know better by now wouldn't you? I can still get at least a B+ in those three subject which is my goal.

For those of you that haven't heard, it appears that Pyramid Productions is crazy enought to agree to take me back for awhile when my first year of school is done! I'm pretty excited about this, but I know I will miss my family terribly. Shawna and Max will stay back in Manitoba to work as well (technically only Shawna will be working). I'll probably take a weekend trip home about half way through my term there. Last day of classes is April 11th. Last day of exams is April 21st. So, I'll have a couple of weeks at home before coming out to Calgary.

Shawna got a raise at her current job now that her probation is up! Yay! Max had a little earache relapse, so he's back to not being 100%. The Portage Terriers are currently tied 1-1 in their first round playoff series vs. OCN. Kurt Warner (football) has signed with the Arizona Cardinals (he's awesome). Watched 'Around the World in 80 Days' on friday...meh. That's about it...same time next week (or sooner if I get chemistry results).

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home