Monday, March 14, 2005

Max finally seems to be over his sickness and is eating like there's is no tomorrow. He must be making up for lost time. So, then it was Shawna's turn to be sick. I think she's pretty much better now, though. Guess I'm next.

Saturday Max stayed at his Grandma and Grandpa's while Shawna and I went to the winnipeg symphony. It was a violin vs. fiddle theme, with the uppity female violinest battling it out with the country bumpin fiddle player. It was pretty funny...almost like a play. The orchestra also played Bolero which is my favourite classical piece. The last time I went to the symphony they played it, too, which is really weird because I've only been twice.

Psychology exam tomorrow! The fun never ends people! 6 weeks to go. I am really looking forward to this first year being over now. I'm enjoying the classes, but you can't turn it off when you go home like I could with work. There is always more studying or assignments to do at home. It's a grind.

Portage won their first round series vs. OCN 4 games to 2. They will play Dauphin or Neepawa next.

Next big fight...Jean-Marc Mormeck vs. Wayne Braithwaite for the cruiserweight championship. This is the same division that Dale Brown (from Calgary) is in. He has also lost to both these fighters. I actually met Dale Brown's mother once, which was weird. I went to one of the boxing gyms in Calgary a couple of years back when I was on one of my many short term kicks to get myself in better shape. She was running the gym and introduced herself to me. I asked if she was related to Dale Brown and of course she said yes. Then I started talking about Donnie Lalonde (famous winnipeg boxer) who used to manage Dale and the conversation quickly ended after that. Apparently they don't get along very well anymore! Didn't see her around the gym much after that.

That's it. Psychology exam results soon.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home