Tuesday, June 28, 2005

Max went to his first movie at the drive-in on friday night. First time we've been to the drive-in in about 6 or 7 years, I think. It wasn't too bad. He slept through the first half of the first movie then woke up and created some havoc before falling asleep for the second movie. We saw 'Mr. and Mrs. Smith' and 'Sahara'. Mr. and Mrs. Smith looked good, but we kind of missed out a bit on the last half with Max being up. Wouldn't mind renting it when it comes out just to get a better look at it. Sahara was okay, nothing special, but at least we got to see it uninterrupted. The drive-in (in winnipeg) was pretty full. Apparently there was talk of shutting it down last year, but there were a bunch of protests, so they kept it open.

Max also went for his first bike ride this week. I picked up a seat for him in Calgary and attached it to my bike. He seemed to enjoy it...he wasn't crying or anything! We biked over to island park where he saw some deer up close, had a look at the little bird sanctuary and got to go down the slides and on the swing, which I think he enjoyed the most.

The babysitting has been going well. He's pretty easy to take care of for the most part. It has been raining the last couple of days though, so he gets a bit restless not being outside that much.

Personally, I recently signed up for a summer physics course at the U of M to upgrade my mark. It may be short lived though. I will only be able to take the course if they grant me a lab exemption (meaning I wouldn't have to go to the lab portion of the class). I'll find out the first day of class whether I get it or not. If not, I'll have to withdraw. The labs are 3 hours a day, every day, for a month! And with taking care of Max and going to Calgary for a week in July that won't be possible. First day of class is July 4th.

Hockey season begins on July 4th as well! I'm playing hockey in the summer league in Winnipeg. First time I've played in over a year. Could be rough for the first few games. In preparation I decided to get a full face mask. I used to wear just a half shield and a mouth guard, but I absolutely HATE the mouth guard and never ended up wearing it half the time. So, now I won't have to worry about getting my teeth knocked out anymore. While I will probably undergo alot of badgering from the other guys I didn't think it would look too good to have an aspiring dentist with no teeth in the interview process for dental school! Our team is called the 'Mangy Moose'. You can keep up with us here...http://www.icesports.com/document_1397.ashx?page=ASHL_Statistics&datasource=405

Also July 4th Max has his first 'swimming' lessons at splash island! It's just an introduction to the pool with games and stuff like that. Should be fun. I have also signed up for some lessons (I can't swim) for late august.

This weekend we are headed to St.Ambroise beach on Lake Manitoba to do some camping and tanning. We are going with Shawna's sister Robin, brother-in-law Brett and their 3 kids. So, that should be pretty fun, too!

That's it!

Links...
Island Park...http://www.city.portage-la-prairie.mb.ca/community/islandpark.asp
Splash Island...http://www.city.portage-la-prairie.mb.ca/community/splashisland.asp
Drive-In...http://www.newwinnipeg.com/news/2004/04-10drivein.htm
Hockey...http://www.icesports.com/document_1397.ashx?page=ASHL_Statistics&datasource=405

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home